Orwell Summer Day Camp is a go!
Our grant application was successful and we are moving ahead with plans for a 4 week (4 separate weeks) camp for Orwell and Benson children.
This Day camp is free and will be from 9am-2pm in the fields and forests around Orwell Village School. All current students or local children, up to grade 6, of Orwell and Benson are eligible to participate, ie rising 1st graders through rising 6th graders. We welcome homeschool families and new to town families, as well! The themes to choose from are The Great Outdoors, Art, Music, and Movement, S.T.E.M. Discovery, and Games, Games, Games. Children can attend one, or more if there is room, weeks of camp. Bagged lunch from Slate Valley UUD and snacks are provided. There will be three adult staff and up to 18 children per week. Teen interns will also be on staff.
Our plant sale was a tremendous success! Thank you to all who showed up, made purchases, donated money, donated plants, and volunteered time and energy to our cause. We feel the love!
2021 Plant Sale Business Donors
Bloomer’s Garden Design
Wood’s Market Gardens
Golden Russet Farm
Agway Farm and Gardens
Vermont Wetland Plant Supply
Blue Seal Feeds
Shallow Rock Farm and Gardens
Singing Cedars Farmstead
Red Wagon Plants
First Seasons Greenhouse
Home Depot, Rutland
Miller Hill Farm
Pine Tree Gardens
Shiretown Stoneground Artisanal Flour
Champlain Valley Mushrooms
Red Sky Farm
Woods Market Garden
We are OPEN!
- Return to our regular hours, Tuesday 11am – 7pm, Wednesday & Thursday 3pm-6pm, Friday 11am-4pm, Saturday 9am – 1pm
- All visitors must to wear a mask or use our pickup service. Babies aged two and under are exempt from masking.
- Capacity will remain low and depend on how visitors are using the library. Ask the librarian if it is a good time to browse before entering if the space looks busy.
- Short visits are still in effect. Computer use is outside when possible.
- Pickup service is still available for those who prefer it.
- Books will no longer need to quarantine per CDC guidelines.
Our front porch is getting some much needed TLC! Use the ramp when the front entrance is a work zone.