Orwell Free Library is pleased to present Hoopla Digital. This service dramatically increases our online and mobile access to movies, music, eBooks, audiobooks and more. OFL card-holders can instantly explore, borrow and enjoy dynamic content on their smartphones, tablets and PCs, 24/7, no holds, no waitlists.
Each patron gets 6 borrows per month. All you need is your barcode number to sign in. Check out this new resource and get started at hoopladigital.com.
Checkouts are limited to six items per month. The month resets on the first of each month. Items cannot be renewed, but you may re-borrow. Music titles may only be borrowed twice during the month.
- eBooks, Audiobooks, and Comics – 21 days
- Music – 7 days
- Movies – 3 days
Downloading the App
For Nook Colors, Android tablets and phones, iPads, and iPhones, follow these steps:
- Go to your device’s App Store, and install Hoopla Digital.
- Open the app and choose sign up to get started. If you allow the app to access your location, Orwell Free Library should be listed in “Nearby Libraries”, or you can search for your library. You will need to give your email address and create a password for Hoopla. You will also need with your OFL library card #.
- You can search for eBooks, audiobooks, movies/television, and music by title, author, or keyword in the search box and narrow by filter, or just browse through their pre-established categories. Click on the cover for more information about the item or to borrow.
- Once you’ve chosen an item, click borrow. You will have the option to read or play, otherwise the item will be in “My Titles” for you to access later.
- You can see the items you have out under “My Titles”. Tap on the item you wish to read/play, and then click read/play to start or continue. The selection should pick up from where you last left off. You can also see when a title is going to return automatically, or return the item from this screen.
If you want to see all that Hoopla has to offer, check out Hoopla’s YouTube page.
If you need help using Hoopla, please feel free to stop by the Orwell Free Library for assistance. You can also visit Hoopla’s help section.