OFL provides resources to local homeschooling families. Check out materials that cover a multitude of subjects and reading levels (for free!) on our shelves or through inter-library loan. We will assist in gathering items for you or can support you while hunting through our stacks. Easy readers, transitional chapter books, exciting juvenile fiction stories, biographies, animal stories, historical fiction and nonfiction, astronomy, nature guides, and so much more are readily available on our shelves.
Please let us know how we can help.
Here is our collection of how-to homeschool books. Reserve a copy by clicking the images (or email us). To sign-in to our online catalog, use your library barcode number and the password userpass for first time users.
- Vermont Agency of Education – Home Study: Forms and guidelines for enrolling in home study, resources, end of year assessments, special education guidelines
- Home Study Updates-COVID-19
- Home Study FAQ-COVID-19
- Guidelines for Home Study in Vermont: Contains information necessary to prepare and submit an enrollment notice for homeschooling. Excerpts from relevant statutes and rules are also provided.
- Minimum Course of Study (MCOS) – Vermont state statute requires that parents provide a list of skills and topics, scope and sequence, for each of the topic areas that the student will be learning about during the course of the school year for each child.
- Home Study Form Instructions and Checklist
- Home Study Newsletter
- Questions may be referred to the Home Study Team via phone at 802-828-6225 or email AOE.HomeStudy@vermont.gov.
- Vermont PBS: At Home Learning – Vermont Public Broadcasting System (PBS) and the Agency of Education (AOE) are partnering to support continuity of learning for our students and school communities this Fall.
- Learning Media – VTPBS and PBS have curated FREE, standards-aligned videos, interactives, lesson plans, and more for teachers like you.
- HSLDA Homeschooling law, rights, cases, and resources
- Oak Meadow – Resources for families and independent learners in kindergarten to grade 12
- Rebecca Rupp Resources – Books and educational resources for all ages
- Swanton Public Library – Home Learning: Books and educational resources for all ages
- Facebook Groups/List Serv Groups